A comprehensive recorder program for beginners who want to learn to play recorder.
Step-by-step program with student books.
Fun and Enjoyable for Students Learning to Play Recorder
Fun and original songs.
Songs are created to maximize success from the very beginning of the program.
Sophisticated accompaniments / backing tracks in a variety of styles ensure students sound GREAT even when playing simple two note songs!
Here are some kids playing He B G Bees
Start Your Journey Here
See Program Details
Complete Program - digital (on 16 GB Flash Drive)
- 90 Accompaniment Tracks (practice and performance accompaniment MP3s )
- Student Books 1 and 2 (PDF)
- Teacher Guide (PDF)
- 50+ Instructional Videos (MP4)
- PLUS - student incentives, class castles, teacher aids
Donna's video demonstrates this challenging song for students who have achieved the highest level in Royal Recorders. Students successfully mastering all 13 levels in the Royal Recorders program will be ready for the Super Knight Song Challenge and are invited to download the free print music and accompaniment MP3.
Learn More About Royal Recorders:
Royal Recorders updates - Join the Newsletter!
Please Note - Only those on our Royal Recorders mailing list will receive the Royal Recorders Newsletter. This newsletter will not be sent to our general mailing lists.
Motivating, Supportive, and Sequential
- Songs promote rapid achievement and improvement by introducing new elements in a sequential approach.
- Students love the song challenges at each Knight level.
- Motivational incentives add an element of achievement at every step of the program:
- Student names are added to the Castle for every song that is learned.
- Pass three song challenges and become a Knight.
- Receive a certificate to acknowledge successful achievement of each new Knight level.
- Receive a flag to display on the recorder for every Knight level that is achieved.
Teachers will LOVE the Solid Pedagogy of this Method
Based on best pedagogical practices.
Sequential introduction of skills promotes rapid achievement and improvement.
Songs are designed to add new skills one at a time.
Foundational skills are well established before adding new elements.
Songs can be presented in class settings or used to allow students to progress at their own rate.
The music is interesting enough to continue playing the earlier songs in the method, even after higher skill levels are achieved, making it ideal for use in classrooms with mixed skill levels.
The inclusion of student compositions provides the opportunity to apply newly acquired skills.
Hot Cross Buns can be permanently retired – it is NOT included in the Royal Recorder kingdom!
Composer, Elementary Music Specialist, Performer
Donna has taught elementary music for 35 years. As a Composer - Donna's Royal Recorders program is renowned for its success amongst her recorder students. There are many Royal Recorder Knights who have achieved great musical quests.